Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Inner Artwork

This is my Oncologist's interpretation of my recent CT Scan. Unfortunately it's not good news, not at all what I wanted to see. My most recent surgery was back in June, they removed the tumor from my abdomen and radiated that area for 6 weeks, that area is clean. Nothing going on, Hooray! Worth the recovery and side effects for this good news. 
My chest and lungs are very busy though. The two larger criss-crossed circles measuring 2+ cm are lymph nodes. Increased in size from 3 months ago, probably because they are fighting off the disease that has decided to reside in my lungs. I have 3 nodules, measuring from 2mm to 11mm. With all this activity, comes a decision of what to do this time? I've had VATS twice, a year apart,  to get out 1 nodule at a time. I'm not opposed to VATS again, if.... my surgeon thinks he can get all this out and clean me up. My Oncologist is thinking chemo. I'm not opposed to that either, I just want to make sure we use the most efficient drug. The problem with fighting Sarcoma is the chemo's have not been that well researched. Some chemo's they know do not work, so why bother? Others work for other "similar" cancers so maybe it could work for Sarcoma. Then there are clinical trials going on with drugs that are hopeful to work. 
This is another time in my treatment of confusion... making me feel unstable and vulnerable. My Oncologist is talking to all my other Docs to get there opinions. I would like to see my Thoracic Surgeon this week to see what he can do. 


A third holiday season coming upon us, or I should say "my third" worrying about cancer and lung nodules. Kinda takes the spirit out of it all a bit. 

7 comments:

  1. I just sat & bawled after reading this post. I'm praying harder than ever about this, for you. I would so love to just beat the shit out of cancer. For good.

    Oddly enough, I don't think cancer is going to beat you. I have a gut feeling that you are going to kick its ass this time. Please do.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SJN: I am so sorry. I am glad your ONCO is getting opinions from your other docs. (The more the merrier as far as opinions are concerned.)

    I am really pissed that you have to deal with this at holiday time, and for the 3rd time? ERGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cancer SUCKS.

    Get some sleep, drink lots of water, keep breathing. Praying VATS can eradicate those little buggers once and for all. Keep us posted.

    {{{hugs}}}

    -Renn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. I know this is not the news you were hoping for. I'm so sorry you are facing this and having to do it in what should be a happy time of the year. It sounds like you have a good, dedicated team and with their advice, you will make a good decision. I am and will pray for healing and peace of mind for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We won't let this news spoil our holidays. You have two beautiful grand boys and we'll all be together to celebrate. It was definitely not the news any of us were expecting BUT we can't let it get us down. You are string, you are tough, and you WILL beat this thing. I believe in you. I love you momma. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so behind on my reading, Sandy. So sorry to hear this news. I'm just really glad that you have such a dedicated team and such great support. You will NOT be defeated. You are on my prayer list, friend. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are looking forward to the possibilities that are available. I know having a holiday here and worrying is an awful combination. I'll be thinking of you and praying you'll be given guidance. You will know the right thing to do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saying I hate cancer doesn't even give me any satisfaction anymore. There has not been a word invented yet to describe the vile I feel for its evil.

    You are, as you have ever been these last few years, in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...