Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Savannah flea finds... and finished projects

I visited my daughter this weekend in Savannah. We spent the morning browsing the local consignment shops in the Thunderbolt area and had a bit of luck at a shop called "Two Women and a Warehouse". Catchy name for a cute shop with a great selection of affordable used and refurbished furniture.
This photo is the "before" of GradGirl's living room with the TV on a handmade trunk,
and now on the aqua blue refurbished hutch bottom she fell in love with.

It makes quite a statement and gives her a bit more of much needed storage space.

And... tada! Here is my latest completed sewing project...

cafe curtains for her dining area.

It gives her more privacy with the ability to leave the blinds open for light.

They go so well with the recovered chairs too! ;-)


7 comments:

  1. I adore the hutch, the curtains, the chairs, everything! You are amazing.

    I'm beginning to redecorate for the first time in 33 years and I'm freaking out over it at this point. It's not one of my strong points...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job on the curtains! and i love that new piece of furniture! did you find it that color or repaint it to match? it goes so well! glad to hear it was a successful visit. looking forward to mine in oct...is it still on??
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hutch!

    And the chairs look great!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all so amazing. I'm really going to get my house in order this winter. I PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful curtains! May I ask where you bought the fabric? I've been looking for a similar color for my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...