Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My new walk-in pantry!

This room went from a small computer office when we first moved in, to a room for the dogs to basically a closet for stuff. We cleaned it all out and created a walk in pantry just 3 feet off the kitchen. The walls went from Venetian plaster terra cotta to creamy white. 
We hit a slight snag when the closet company doing the install could not get the countertops to fit correctly. After 3 attempts, I fired them and searched for a countertop-only company.
I found a granite remnant at Premier Surfaces. A remnant ends up costing less because it's not as useful as a full slab but great for smaller projects. I wanted something that didn't compete with the kitchen granite. So... I found this green/gray that picks up the sage background in my kitchen countertop. I think it coordinates very well!
and of course it needed a few accessories...

from my favorite accessory store Home Goods!

 It's so neat and clean now, filled with my food,extra serving dishes and craft stuff. 
A much better use of the space!




6 comments:

  1. Sandy - that is gorgeous! I am jealous! Enjoy it!
    -Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a pretty neat job with this cute little space. It actually looks pretty charming. It has quiet, classic touch to it, which is more elegant compared to the previous terracotta color on the walls. It would be great to see what other design ideas you can come up with for that room in the future!


    Gabrielle Jeromy

    ReplyDelete
  4. S: Awesome use of space! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm a jealous wreck over your new pantry! I have a laundry closet I'd love to turn into storage but then I'd have to turn one of the bedrooms into a laundry room. Hmmm... now you have me wondering if that might work.

    Hope you're feeling better these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks just great! I am jealous!
    DD

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...