Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Handmade tree skirt... it's finished!

I actually started this Christmas craft last year, and made the flannel and satin skirt, and then got sidetracked like I often do. This year I brought it back out and adorned it with felt characters! A Mr. and Mrs. Snowman my son-in-law and daughter, and a little boy snowman my soon-to-be-born grandbaby!
I also added their name on a puff of snow and a few bedazzled Christmas trees. And then, to make it the perfect fit for my daughter's family, I added their two Jack Russells to the scene. I found a few photos of the pups, Westin and Tessa, and Grad Girl and I just cut away until we had our two felt look alikes.
Here are the pups relaxing with Grandpa. How did we do? Good look alikes?
The big picture
And... under my tree to see how it will look.
A quick photo and now it's neatly bagged and ready for gift giving!
Merry Christmas to the Hamiltons!

sharing this Christmas craft
with you on Holiday Linky Friday

Merry Christmas to all!

9 comments:

  1. This is just plain amazing! It will be a treasured family heirloom. Thank you so much for working so hard and making it the most beautiful tree skirt I have ever seen! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely awesome! Love, love, LOVE the snowbaby & the puppies! (and Westin & Tessa remind me and awful lot of Nurse Tilly ;-) This is the SECOND big smile you've put on face today — thank you, my friend. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I've never done a tree skirt - just scrunch fabric around the base. But the doggies got me. Maybe next year . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love that the dog on the skirt is yours!

    Thanks for linking up!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree skirt is fabulous! Two of my favourite things ... dogs & snowmen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful skirt! what talent!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. your puppies are so cute and your tree skirt is very pretty!!!

    Merry Christmas:)

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I just love that. I love gifts from the heart!

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...