Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I did it, I made the decoupaged Easter eggs!

Remember the post I did on the Paper Napkin Decoupage Eggs? Well, I told you I'd re-post after I tried it so here it is! They came out great and were so easy, you have to try it too!

I decided to use Paper Mache Eggs that I purchased at Michael's rather than real blown out eggs. So I started by painting the brown paper eggs white with some sample paint I had left over. I did 2 coats.
The directions call for you to cut up pretty napkins and I think Caspari has the prettiest so I bought a couple Easter themed packs at Whole Foods. They're so bright and colorful.
You cut out your designs and peel away the outer printed part from the napkin liner.
Then you paint your egg with a bit of decoupage, apply the napkin design cut-out and paint over top of it. Be careful not to overwork it or the paper napkin will start to dissolve. I let it dry and then reapplied a second coat of decoupage.
Here's the finished result:
I made a dozen using all different cut out designs from the napkins.
They look like real eggs here don't they?
I just love their vintage look!

linked up to


hippity hoppity Easter's on it's way!

14 comments:

  1. nice work! they look really good - so professional! maybe the easter bunny wants to make a few more to leave as gifts for some visitors this weekend? ;-)
    can't wait to see you! only 3 more days!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    Absolutely lovely.

    Smiles ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really pretty! I love it. My son was looking over my shoulder and said "Wow! Pretty eggs!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are darling!! Love them. {We used to decoupage anything that didn't move in Vaca Bible School Craft time!} xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love these! I'm going to share them on my easter egg round-up today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific project - great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! Thanks so much for linking up this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job! They really are so fun and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! Great job! Thanks for sharing your creativity in the DIY Project Parade!

    Roeshel :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the cutest little eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable!
    (can't wait to see little bunny Carter in his Easter best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous job!! I just came across your blog and love it! I look forward to reading post in the future!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I'm trying it next year. That is just so darn cool.

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...