Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 15, 2010

This one or that one? help me!

So we decided we do need a larger rug for the Keeping Room. Although I love the colors of the rug from Home Goods, and of course the price! and the way it matched my chair, I rolled it up to return it. Sigh. I shopped a bit yesterday but came up empty handed. So when I got home I turned to the internet to shop some more. The variety and choice online is so vast! The trouble is you can't really tell the color, you know, the old "color looks different on different monitors" thing. I came up with a way to possibly better tell how the rugs would coordinate with the chair, I made a collage of them together.

Here's the 5x7 too small rug. I can't find it anywhere in 8x10. The brighter blue and greens are so pretty together. I want a patterned rug because I want to re-do my sofa in a solid linen fabric, and want the contrast with my travertine floor. So here are the rugs I found online:

I like this one. navy, bright blues and muted browns.

I also like this one. It has the navy and bright blues, but also a bit of ivory, tan, brown and a sage green. I'm thinking this one may look great with the granite in the kitchen.

I see the sage green and browns in the granite and the tile, and in the rug border.

Hmmm, so which one?



6 comments:

  1. i say the second one. can't wait to see it all in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second one too... If you don't want to return that Homegoods rug, it just so happens it matches my color scheme perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you...I like the second one the best! Love your colors. Have a great week!
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second one just makes everything feel more cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your opinions. It's unanimous, the 2nd one it is! I just ordered it, and I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...