Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

you've come a long way baby!

my... we have come a long way ladies!

I found a wonderful post about ladies golf clothing through the years over at
Fuzzy lizzie vintage clothing
check it out

She wrote about "the history of women's golf attire" dating back to 1894 as in the photo above. It was so much fun to see what women had to put up with wearing back then, let alone the antiquated equipment. Do you think you could have played back then?

In 1925 the one piece dress was very big! It stayed "the in style" until the 1950's when separates came into play and women started wearing Bermuda shorts! How risque'!
Funny, the one piece dress is big again today, supposedly. I'm too short to wear one, and come to think of it none of my gal pals wear one either. But we all wear "dri-tech" and skorts and stretchy fabrics that move when we swing. Our grandmothers and great grandmothers had it so rough!

If you love fashion and are a vintage clothing lovers of all types of clothes, not just golf...
check out her site Fuzzielizzie Vintage Clothing: Perfect Pieces
love the bathing suits!

thanks for the education Fuzzy lizzie!
My fave from your golf pics is the yellow check golf jacket
circa 1960.

3 comments:

  1. I love vintage clothing too. It is funny that everything comes back in style. You just have to save it for a few years! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage clothing and have sold a lot in my online shop over the years, but I'd have died long ago from heat exhaustion if I'd had to play golf in those clothes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my article!

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...