Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 24, 2010

winter white sales

I've had my black and white toile dust ruffle and shams forever it seems, but they were custom made and such good quality that I can't give them up. I've been building around them for 3 rounds of comforters now. I was feeling the winter blahs and wanted a "face-lift" to my bedroom so I hit the January white sales!
MLK weekend I found this Ralph Lauren "Winter Cottage" collection at Dillards.
They had it their usual discounted off the MSRP price plus an additional 50% off! The check pattern enables me to still use my black and white toile, and my rug, and give the room a cozy face-lift for the rest of the winter.
I just love it! I found some red pillows and red pillowcases, yet to be put on the bed, to give it a little color. I'll be shopping for a larger red transferware platter to hang in the middle of my plates too. And... I'm thinking I'll freshen the paint up and go with a brighter cream color.

I also ordered this port-a-crib for Grandbaby for when he comes to visit. It will look great in the corner of my master-on-the-main bedroom too!
I know come spring I may want a lighter airier look, so I may just get a cream Matlesse' coverlet. But for now, I'm enjoying my cozy winter bedroom!


linked up at The Inspired Room inspiring finds

and at Cottage Instincts make it for Monday

8 comments:

  1. Good Grief! I cannot believe I forgot about the Dillard's sale! Argh!

    However, you did great! I always love the Ralph Lauren looks. Classic. And the crib cover is adorable.

    So, could you possibly come to live with us for a while after we move? I'm going to need lots of intervention/help, lol. And, you have such marvelous taste... No? Oh well, you will have a grandchild by then so I guess I'll have to forgive you.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally - just this past summer - after 14 years with my custom bedskirt, quilt, shams, window treatments, etc. - changed my bedroom. I know what you mean about the quality. Honestly, I hadn't been able to find a thing that I LOVED, so I'd just kept using it. Then I found it at Ethan Allen! I love the toile!! And the baby bed - awwww. can't wait!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bed looks wonderful! I especially love the red pillows. What a fun pop of color.

    I agree, the crib is adorable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant...love the black and white, and the toile shams look perfect with the new bedding! What a peacefilled room.

    Thanks for sharing it with Mi4M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! This new bedding looks great. And how precious is that crib!

    Could you email me the recipe for the cheese dip and tortellini soup I had at your house a few weeks ago? I'm still thinking about how good all that food was!

    Thanks,
    Candace
    candacestrickland@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love the look and the baby bed is perfect! Thanks for your encouraging words about the wedding. I talked to my daughter this afternoon and all is well again. Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the face lift! i agree with the idea to switch up the paint color - esp. since it is the frozen tundra in there, a little cream might "warm" things up. ;-)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...