things to remember if I ever have to do this again:
1. insist on an epidural- makes the chest tube discomfort negligible.
2. keep the catheter in as long as I'm attached to something else.
3. when switching over to oral pain pills, 1 pill per 4hrs. at first, if not tolerated then try 1 every 6 hrs.
4. say yes to generous friends who want to cook for you. The food has been fabulous and this has saved Drew a ton of work!
5. try to avoid the holiday season next time (really).
6. give myself at least 10 days before doing anything out of the house.
7. pray real hard that my cancer will NOT come back, and I'll never have to do this again!