Here are my answers to the first 5 of the 20 questions Simple Mom has listed as a reflection on the past year. Head over there for all 20 to ponder for yourself...
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
The birth of my grandson!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Back in April, following and watching the 2nd nodule grow inside my lung, exhausting all the second opinions on treatment, and coming to the conclusion that surgery was the only option.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?Finding out our oldest daughter is expecting a baby in 2011!
Our youngest daughter becoming an independent working woman, moving back to Atlanta, with a new job and supporting her own place. We are very proud!
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Physically for me, back to back recovery from lung surgery and a flu-like illness that put me back to bed. Not good when the incisions are still healing. It made for a very long recovery.
5. Pick three words to describe 2010.
Joy, anxiety, proud
I'll ride on joy and proud into 2011, and leave the anxiety back in the past!