Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 11, 2009

talking about stuff...

Well, it turns out I'm not the only one with too much stuff. People move and find they can't or don't want to use something again, or just want a change. "Downsizers" need to get rid of stuff, and generally have some pretty nice things to get rid of. An opportunity for all you newlyweds and first time homebuyers!
The other day I stopped at the "Queen of Hearts" Antiques and Interiors here in Atlanta. It's what I call a "junk" store where vendors have a booth and sell their wares. Some of it's antiques and some of it's just knick-knaks or old furniture they don't want anymore. You have to weed by a lot of junk, but there are always great finds and interesting pieces too. It's a great way to get ideas and find some character pieces to decorate with and cheaper than buying new.

I love this idea:

it's a bread tray, but great as a centerpiece for your table or on your mantle

shabby chic dining table and 6 chairs for $450, wow
so easy to redo the chair cushions!

a good looking bisquit jar by Raymond Waites for $24

my fave find... I'd love this chest for my own bedroom

repainted & reupholstered useful side chair to fill an empty space find an old chair and DIY






cute mirror and pictures for the nursery

I'd paint the picture frames pink too for a little girls room


and... what Flintstones lover's kitchen should be without this cookie jar!

you'll find a lot of fun and quirky stuff like that


happy hunting & decorating!



2 comments:

  1. Love the chest and the side chair the most!! Thank you for sharing your exciting finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I think I'll just sell off everything I own when we move. That way, I can drive down to Atlanta & buy all new goodies for my home. I love that place already!

    ReplyDelete

my fans say...